Welcome Event not triggering

Discussion in 'General Support' started by tonkatsu, Jul 25, 2020.

1. tonkatsu

tonkatsu New Member

I have purchased the software solely to make a welcome event for my server, and yet it doesn't trigger whatsoever. I am using a very standard send message action.

2. Fisheiyy

Fisheiyy Member

just make a blank event with nothing in it and stick it at the very top then set your welcome event back to trigger on member join and try again

3. tonkatsu

tonkatsu New Member

I've read several of your replies to similar posts and have tried that exact thing and it doesn't seem to fix it

4. KeetonCat

KeetonCat New Member

Try going to the "Events" tab to make an event that triggers when a member joins, event trigger should be "Member joined", it'll ask for temp variable directly below that, make it something like "NewMem" and then make a single message action that says something like "Welcome to the server, ${tempVars("NewMem")}!"

Test it by inviting any old bot from top.gg

ALSO check that you have your bot set to restart when you save changes, and "save project" under info tab. Additionally, make sure your bot is running by clicking "Run project" under the "project" tab, the whole window should be blue if your bot is running

#4 KeetonCat, Jul 28, 2020 at 9:50 AM
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020 at 10:00 AM