[Help] Glitch Hosting Shuts down after a couple of hours

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Kweeme, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Kweeme

Kweeme New Member

When using glitch my bot shuts down but the page is still up. and uptimerobot is saying its up. Is there a fix to this or did they patch this? Is there another hosting webstie (free) that works the same like glitch? Any advice will work in my opinion. (I think)

:D

2. GamingFlaming

GamingFlaming New Member

That sounds more like an issue on your bot's end then actually glitch. You could also try out lasse's tutorial for glitch.
    Check if there's any logs.
    To answer your question, no there isn't any other free options other then heroku and glitch, heroku requires a lot of work to setup to allow it to work for data storage and would require SQL skills & mods.
    AWS is another option, however it requires a credit card and the trial expires 1 year. However I don't recommend it as purely they have a pretty bad system in place where you can get charged money even while during the trial for going over limits that they don't disclose at free trial.

If glitch isn't working out for you, your best bet is to simply pay for hosting or buy a raspberry pi if it's not a huge bot and doesn't plan to get huge.